David K. Rudov
Email: David K. Rudov ›
DAVID K. RUDOV, [email protected],
born: Fort Lee, Virginia, August 24, 1956
Admitted to bar, 1981, Pennsylvania and U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1983
U.S. Supreme Court, 1985.
- Wittenberg University (B.A.,1978)
- Capital University (J.D.,1981)
Certifications and Accreditations:
- Board Certified as Business Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification now ABI (1993)
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms – Creditor / Debtor Rights / Insolvency Law 2019 & Best Lawyers in America – Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, Woodward-White Directory 2019 and Corporate Counsel Magazine 2019
- Best Lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Magazine, 2019
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer 2008 – 2019;
Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers 2019. Member: Council of Certified Bankruptcy Specialists
- Allegheny, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations Former Member: Executive Council of CLLA Bankruptcy & Insolvency and Creditors Rights Sections.
- Allegheny County (Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section, Executive Council).
CERTAIN REPORTED CASES:
- In Re: Rock Airport of Pittsburgh, LLC, 511 B.R. 746 (W.D. Pa. 2014) and 2014 WL 5308055 (W.D. Pa 2014);
- In Re: Shubh Hotels Pittsburgh, LLC, 439 B.R. 637 (W.D. Pa., 2010); Cassidy Pierce v. First City Servicing Corp., 2007 WL 4191957 (W.D. Pa., 2006)
- In Re: H.K. Porter Trust, Inc. / Continental Casualty Co. vs. H.K. Porter Asbestos Trust, 2006 WL 3775926 (W.D. Pa., 2006)
- In Re: McDain’s Golf Center of Monroeville, Inc., 2006 WL 6884407 (W.D. Pa., 2006)
- In Re: Aliquippa Machine Co. 2006 WL 1121035 (W.D. Pa., 2006)
- In Re: Industrial Concerns, 289 B.R. 609 (W.D. Pa., 2003)
- In Re: Gralka, 204 B.R. 184 (W.D. Pa., 1997)
- In Re: Gentilcore, 1993 WL 5697 (W.D. Pa, 1993)
- In Re: Rusnak, 110 B.R. 771 (W.D. Pa., 1990)
- In Re: St. Clair Supply, 100 B.R. 263 (W.D. Pa., 1989)
- In Re: St. Clair Supply, 103 B.R. 704 (W.D. Pa., 1989)
- In Re: Jiffy Foods Corp. 92 B.R. 136 (W.D. Pa., 1988)
- Represented one of the largest real estate developers in Western Pennsylvania in acquiring the most iconic building in Pittsburgh under a Chapter 11 Plan. [See https://vimeo.com/269746704/86a0826d9e]
- Represented State Court Receiver in filing Chapter 11 for 28 Perkins Restaurants in Pennsylvania and Ohio
- Represented Plan sponsor as a §363 asset purchaser and obtained precedential findings on issues of standing and party in interest to act as third party Plan proponent
- Represented building owner in obtaining utility easement over Debtor landowner’s objection and on appeal obtained finding that Debtor waived Stern v. Marshall and Rooker-Feldman defenses
- Represented Debtor Highland Country Club [entire Chapter 11 case including Disclosure Statement and Plan Confirmation hearings concluded in 32 days from filing date and over $1.6 million in real estate transfer stamps saved under 1146(a)]
- Represented Debtor Shubh Hotels Pittsburgh, LLC [former Pittsburgh Hilton now Wyndham Grand – largest hotel in Pittsburgh] several reported decisions regarding use of cash collateral over secured lender’s objection and proper use of business judgment in rejecting and obtaining new hotel franchise – cited as precedential
- Counsel for the Petitioning Creditors and Co-counsel for the Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Le-Nature’s, Inc.
- Counsel to the Petitioning Creditors, Committee of Unsecured Creditors and Liquidating Plan Trustee of Spirit Harley-Davidson, Inc.
- Counsel to the Petitioning Creditors, the Committee of Unsecured Creditors and Liquidating Plan Trustee for Glenshaw Glass, Inc.
- Appointed as Counsel to the Unsecured Creditors of the St. Francis Health System Entities in State Court Receivership
- Represented Debtor Sky Haven Coal, Inc.[largest strip mining coal operation in Pennsylvania]
- Represented Debtor In Re: Erie Forge & Steel, Inc.
- Represented lenders, landlords, leasing entities, physician groups and other claimants In Re: AHERF (Allegheny Health Systems Chapter 11) Represented Successful E.S.O.P. Plan proponent In Re:Edgewater Corporation
- Represented Retiree Section 1114 Committee In Re: Shenango, Inc.
- Represented Creditor’s Committee In Re: Woodings Verona Tool Works. Represented numerous secured lenders and Lessors in Chapter 11 proceedings throughout the Eastern United States
- Represented plaintiffs in multi-million dollar bankruptcy avoidance and fraudulent conveyance actions
- Represented third party Chapter 11 Plan proponents in many cases
- Special Counsel to numerous Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 Trustees and State Court Receivers.
- Represented third party Chapter 11 Plan proponents in many cases; Special Counsel to numerous Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 Trustees and State Court Receivers.
Appointed by both the Bankruptcy Court; the Court of Common Pleas and by counsel of record to serve as a Mediator innumerous bankruptcy related matters and state court business disputes.
- Bankruptcy Law
- State Court Receivership
- Financial Restructuring
- Creditor’s Rights
- Commercial Litigation and Mediation.